Old November 5th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kyle Boatright

Default Todays Cost of getting a PPL

"BucFan" wrote in message
"john smith" wrote in message

Remember also, this was spread over 2.5 years, so if you average it out I
think it was about 400 a month. I had budgeted 500 a month for flying
lessons, but there were some months where I spent 0 and some where I spent
700 or so. Hope this helps!

John
PP-ASEL

One thing which helps is to accelerate your training. 90 hours over 2.5
years is 3 hours a month. It is hard to make much progress at that rate,
because you tend to forget things in that week or 10 days between lessons.

I completed my license in 5 or 6 months and about 45 hours of flight time.
I'd have earned the ticket sooner, but had difficulty scheduling a check
ride.

KB