Old June 27th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave[_5_]

Default NAVY WILL TEST FUEL-EFFICIENT AIRSHIP FOR MARINE PATROL

A case of deja vu all over again. I grew up in Akron Ohio, where
Goodyear built the Navy's blimps - and used to watch them flying
around all the time. Then they decided to get rid of them. Guess they
were unexciting and too slow when gasoline cost the Gov't only pennies
a gallon (about half my flight training was in a military flying club
- who paid 16 CENTS a gallon for avgas). Those were the days...

Dave