Old April 19th 04, 04:00 AM
Mike O'Malley

"Steve DeMoss" wrote in message
. net...
I've owned my 15XLs for close to three years now, and haven't had a single
problem. I'll qualify that statement by saying that I *carefully* unplug
them and replace them in their carrying bag after each use, and I usually
don't leave them in the airplane in the winter, even though it is in a
hangar. Also have a pair of the QFR Solos for pax, and have no complaints
about them either.

Conversely, my DC's that I've had for six years have been dropped, banged
around, shoved in my flight bag, left in the car in 105F summers and -15F
winters. They've been bashed around on the floor of a banner plane for two
seasons, scuffed, scratched and all in all abused in just about every way.
They've been snowed on, rained on, had avgas spilled on, dropped in the mud
and on concrete.

I've wrapped the cord around the headset, and pulled out the plugs by the
cord. Not all the time, but more than once. They still work like the day I
got them. The only problem I've had was losing my mic muff two years ago.

--
Mike