Old February 12th 09, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Cloud Height Forecast

If I'm thinking about flying somewhere in the northeast and returning
in a few days, it'll be very helpful to know forecast cloud height
three days down the road. Knowing it'll be "cloudy" isn't too
helpful. In my Archer (not approved for icing) a hugh difference
between an overcast layer at 40,000 feet (no problem at all) and a
broken layer at 800 feet (better to drive). The usual souces of
weather will describe both days as cloudy and the aviation sources of
which I'm aware only forecast 36 hours or less into the future.

I'd like to know forecast cloud height 3-4 days out. Does anyone know
a site where I can get cloud base forecasts for the northeast ? Is
there such a site ?

Thanks,
Evan