Old July 1st 03, 10:42 PM
Dan Luke

Default Low cylinder compression - again, part III

"Michael" wrote:
Believe me, I know how you feel. I've just passed (hopefully) a bad
patch of airplane ownership. One of those times when I'm sure the
airplane hates me.

That's what's really bothering me. Nowadays, flying the airplane fills me
with feelings of mistrust and anxiety. The governor problem went away by
magic - which of course means it will be back. I can't remember what it was
like to look forward to flying with pleasure. I suppose this feeling will
pass, but I think my compressions will have to stay strong for a year before
it does.

[snip aviation plagues of Egypt - ugh]

Honestly, I've had more problems in the last two months than I have in
the previous two years. That's just how it goes sometimes.
Now the really disturbing thought - that $2500 this whole mess cost me
isn't really out of line with my normal maintenance expenses. I
budget about $6K/year (including annual) and this year I haven't been
flying as much so unless something else goes badly wrong, I'll be
under budget.

What happened to selling the bird? Changed your mind?
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM