Old April 5th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mark T. Dame

Default Almost got My Ticket Yesterday

CareBear wrote:

Although I did not get the ticket, I still feel good about the overall
outcome. It's interesting in that I felt my weakest area would be the oral
but this went well. I did have a couple of slips (no pun intended) during
the oral but quickly regrouped and gave the correct response. The oral
lasted about 2.5 hours.

It sounds like your examiner is pretty thorough. That's a pretty long
oral for a private checkride. Slips and soft field landings are
probably the toughest things in the private checkride. In fact, before
I started working on my CFI ticket, I hadn't done a slip since I got my
private certificate, and I had a lot of trouble on the first couple.

So, look at it this way: your examiner is going to make sure you are
well qualified when he signs your ticket. Be proud of that and good luck!

-m
--
## Mark T. Dame
## VP, Product Development