Old August 19th 03, 11:38 PM
jeff

thanks, I found it late last night after I posted this, I knoew what it was but
the examiner told me to look it up anyways, But I passed my check ride this
morning so now I am happy.

Hilton wrote:

jeff wrote:
I need an answer for tomorrow morning.
how often is the VOR test done for instrument flying?

Quoting from the FARs- hint

Sec. 91.171 VOR equipment check for IFR operations.

(a) No person may operate a civil aircraft under IFR using the VOR
system
of radio navigation unless the VOR equipment of that aircraft--
(1) Is maintained, checked, and inspected under an approved procedure;
or
(2) Has been operationally checked within the preceding 30 days, and was
found to be within the limits of the permissible indicated bearing error
set
forth in paragraph (b) or (c) of this section.

Hilton