Old January 6th 13, 08:43 PM
MooneyDriver62 MooneyDriver62 is offline
Junior Member

I've been doing some reading and viewing several videos. I've read and heard about high performance single engine planes when discussing General Aviation. Being new, I can figure out that a Mooney is a high performance single engine airplane. My question is this: Where is the "cutoff" point between regular and high performance? Is the Cirrus R20/R22 considered high performance? Diamond DA40? Cessna 182T?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

David

Some Mooneys are high performance and some are not depends on the model. Early models up to the J are 200hp or less so these would all not be classified as High Perf. The 231 or "K" model is equipped with the TCM TSIO-360 and is over 200HP, all of the later models (long body) were over 200hp. (Acclaim, Ovation, Bravo, Mustang, etc)