Old July 15th 03, 09:04 AM
Rochat

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Rochat,

I would definitely go with something that has separate mic
amps/circuitry for each station. That's much better for mixing headsets
of different brands. Also, when squelch breaks, it should only do so at
the one mic that's spoken into. If not (as with the SPA-400), all the
other mics pipe noise into the system. AFAIK, Sigtronics doesn't do
that. PSE does, for sure. Don't know about NAT, but I think they have
it.

If music is at all of interest to you, you'll want a stereo intercom
with the music input wired. Also, if you have kids, you want a second
music input for the back, so you don't have to listen to their kid's
story cassettes or teenager music. Crew and Pilot isolate are nice,
too. If your com antennas are on separate sides of the fuselage (one
topside, one belly), you might look into the split com feature some
offer (PSE, for one), where the pilot uses one radio while the co uses
the other. All that requires some wiring, which you might be able to do
yourself under supervision.

I really love PSE's autosquelch, but that's only available in their
audio panels (and the portable intercom), not in their panel intercoms.
--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Our alternative to the Sigtronics is the PMA-7100, but we would have to
remove an AM/FM cassette entertainement center to put the
PMA-7100 at the place.

The PMA-7100 is a very good intercom with all the features you
discribed for the intercom, but I thing that the behavior
of the CD input and audio #2 input lack of possibilities, audio #2 can
be used only in crew mode, it's not possible to select between CD
and input #2 internaly or externaly with a switch, for a unit of this
class it's is a pity.

If the SCI-S6 is a good unit (that's what I would like to be sure),
we would conserve our stereo center and have all the flexibility with
music audio inputs.

Denis Rochat