Old August 22nd 03, 01:44 PM
Jay Honeck

I'm really not arguing with you, guys; to each his own. But when I hit the
ANR switch on my Telex (which has excellent passive performance) it turns
thunder into a whisper; I swear I almost hear the angels singing.
Amazing...

On a flight to Minneapolis last weekend, I kept hearing a strange rattle.
It was driving me crazy after a while, because I couldn't locate the sound.
It didn't sound like an engine or prop problem, but nevertheless I was
concerned.

Strictly by accident, I bumped the key chain hanging from the ignition. The
rattle stopped.

I was hearing the keys on the keychain jingle softly against each other,
with a 6-cylinder, 540 cubic inch piston engine thundering away two feet in
front of me... Truly remarkable.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA