Old August 20th 03, 05:13 PM
Stan Gosnell

jeff wrote in :

dont ask that question here, you may get some 40 yr old pilot who will
tell you duats is lazy, to get on the phone and call FSS and then do
your flight plan by hand.

That's what I usually do. I use DUAT for weather, etc, & file with FSS on
the phone. I often file a canned DVFR, & it's much easier to do that over
the phone, get my squawk and a weather update at the same time. For IFR, I
also prefer to file with a human. I have no quarrel with anyone who files
over DUAT or DUATS, though, it's just a personal preference. I just wish I
were still 40, though. :-)

--
Regards,

Stan