Old October 27th 10, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Alpha Propellerhead

Default Temporary waypoints in Garmin 430/530

On Oct 26, 5:41*pm, Mike Ash wrote:

He might be banking 20 degrees, approaching
the yellow arc and losing 300 fpm or climbing up to 1000' AGL pattern
altitude after a cross country, but, dammit, he stayed RIGHT ON that
pink line.

Yikes. I hope you got him straightened out. Assuming you did, how did he
react to the idea that this behavior might not be entirely desirable?

Politely. That's always nice. I'm pretty sure he's aware of it now. He
just needed somebody to grind down the rust and identify weaknesses
without helping him. He never flies alone; always has another pilot
with him anywhere he goes and doesn't take passengers, so, he won't
get in too much trouble.