Old November 5th 03, 09:35 AM
Eric Miller

"C J Campbell" wrote
NAFI sent this alert to its members. Note the EAA concern about charity
flights with vintage aircraft such as Aluminum Overcast:

Instructional News

FAA Proposes Flight-seeing Rule

The FAA published on Oct. 22 a notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) that

it
claims will improve national air tour safety. Among other things, the
proposal would raise the minimum number of hours required for pilots
conducting charity fundraising flights from 200 to 500 and remove an
exemption that allows Part 91 sightseeing flights within 25 nm of an
airport.

I'd like to see a map of what *isn't* within 25 nm of an airport, especially
East of the Mississippi!

For the Homeland!

The more I hear the word "homeland" lately, the less this is a land I wanna
call home.

Eric