Old February 27th 18, 10:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default GPS anetenna location OK in baggage area of a fiblerglass glider?

tiistai 27. helmikuuta 2018 8.33.22 UTC+2 jfitch kirjoitti:
An ASH26E has an all carbon fuselage but a fiberglass turtle deck. As does every other AS glider I have ever seen (20, 24, 25, 29, 31, etc.). Every Ventus and Discus I have ever seen has a fiberglass turtle deck. Ditto every DG and Lak. Rather, please point to a composite glider that does not. In a Pilatus, Schweizer, or Blanik you will have some trouble as they are aluminum.

Here is few photos from LAK factory, fuselage and tail lay-up (glass around antenna in tail):

https://imgur.com/a/NoHcw

Your list includes gliders with all-glass fuselage which is bit confusing.

Just calling BS, for the last time.