Old November 20th 20, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynewstandard Features!

George Haeh wrote on 11/20/2020 1:42 PM:
"I think my experience would apply to almost any Schleicher glider - they all use essentially
the same fuselage, starting with the ASW24, which do not have carbon in the nose."

The fuselage mold may be the same, but the layup in newer gliders is carbon fiber.

I found a major improvement in range when I moved from a single antenna over the glareshield to dual antennas on the canopy sides of my ASW-27.

I did Range Analysis on six installations and documented the results in the 2019 Free Flight. Look for Antenna Placement:

http://sac.ca/index.php/en/free-flig...ight-vol-libre

Are you certain the ASW27 has carbon fiber in the nose (the area besides the pilot's feet)? It
was designed at the same time as the ASH26E, which doesn't have any carbon in that area. Same
question for the ASW28, ASG29, etc - I'm wondering when/if the addition of carbon in the nose
began.