Old November 23rd 07, 08:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Meyer

Default Can I check something with you guys

In article ,
"Glenn" wrote:

"Tom Callahan" wrote in message
I don't know the technical terms but this is what it looks like to me:
when I see the image in Outlook Express it's smaller (27x15 cm or so)
because I have the folders column on the left hand side of the screen. If
I open it then I get a full screen image of about 33x22 cms). Going to the
Warbirdz site it opens as a 32 x 20 cm image. The Warbirdz image is the
better of the three from a viewer's perspective. Does the dpi change? I
dunno. I just know what looks good. Maybe the key is that on thw Warbirdz
site it's a largepic and for the newsgroup it's downsized to save
bandwidth.
That's why we visit both locations. Show us a good photo in the newsgroup
and we know it's better on Warbirdz.
It's not something that jumps out to people. You are trying to make us
think.......

Not at all. On my monitor it is so different it's not funny. The sky is just
a series of pastel lines basically.
I've noticed that compression is more visible since I got this monitor but
this image is by far the worst.

That sounds like your monitor is set to display thousands of colors
rather than millions.

--
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.