Old January 16th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee[_2_]

Default Las Vegas, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley trip report

wrote:

Either you got the duty asshole of the day or somehow you ticked
the controller off.

I don't know what I could have done to offend him. I made an initial
"Who I am" call then when he replied gave my position, altitude and
destination.

This is actually somewhat of a trend. I used to contact Denver when
flying over their Class B. Then on one flight they cleared me into
their airspace and then told me to get lower than I wanted over a
city. When I protested they became emphatic. Since I was in their
airspace I was stuck.

Ever since then I have flown over without talking to them.
Unfortunately it may have less than optimal impacts to flights
arriving and departing Denver. I try to help and I get screwed. It
does not take multiple events to get me to change my attitude about
being helpful.

Ron Lee