View Single Post
Old July 19th 14, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default I need help with PowerFlarm problem

On Saturday, July 19, 2014 4:06:38 PM UTC-4, Andy K wrote:
Here is my configuration:

PowerFlarm brick and Trig T22 mod S transponder. PowerFlarm configured with the transponder code to disregard it.

I get constant notifications of my own transponder; yesterday probably 100 times, not kidding. I will have to unplug LX9000 from the PowerFlarm as it is not possible to use it as the PowerFlarm warnings just take over the screen.

I have had this problem with ASG-29 and ASH-26E. In the first glider the PowerFlarm antenna was set up high over the glare shield in the second glider (the 26E) the PowerFlarm antenna is in the fuselage cone as front part of the fuselage does not have any carbon. The 26E has a transponder antenna at the gear door. There is no carbon interference between the two antennas. I have good coverage as proven by experience flying with others.

Any help how to get to the root cause of this problem is appreciated. I can accept sporadic alerts but yesterday it was simply unacceptable.

On the other hand it was really nice to see a couple of twins with ADS-B out doing big circles around me.

AK

As an interim step you can set the pcas range to zero in flarmcfg.txt file and this will turn off mode C/S but leave adsb on.

T8