Old July 14th 03, 11:14 PM
Michelle P

Marc,

I went to Montreal IFR last summer. Highly recommended for anyone. Easy
flight from the US. Shot my first international approach!

After much research. St. Hubert is the best for general aviation.
Customs on the field, good service and easy access to Montreal across
the river, about 10 minutes.

I tied down at Petro Air Services (ESSO), a couple of doors down from
Customs. Nice folks, friendly, helpful. We had reserved a rental car at
Dorval and then changed it. The original rental company failed to follow
through. When we arrived, no ground transportation. The gentlemen
working the desk/line called around to see who had one available. They
found one at National. National came and picked us up and we were on our
way. The line guys received a big tip for their service.

When I go back again, I would not change a thing.

Michelle

Marc wrote:

Hi,

I'm planning a trip from BED or LWM to Montreal during august. Any specific
things I need to know?
Is it better to land at St Hubert, Dorval or Mirabel ? Which ones is the
most convenient for a GA aircraft ?
Moreover, on my way back do I need to make a stop at an airport of entry
near the border ?

Thanks for any info.
Marc PP ASEL IA

--

Michelle P CP-ASMEL-IA, and AMT-A&P

"Elisabeth" a Maule M-7-235B (no two are alike)

Volunteer Pilot, AirLifeLine

Volunteer Builder, Habitat for Humanity