Old December 15th 09, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

Default 787 gets off the ground...finally

At approx. 12:25 ctd the Boeing 787 Dreamliner lifted off the runway
for the first time.
I was watching my local news channel during lunch at work and they
decided to cut to live coverage of the maiden voyage just as the news
was ending.
I only saw about 10 seconds of the flight, from liftoff to several
hundred ft. into the sky, so if it didn't make it beyond that, I don't
know yet.

Wow...I felt a bit "tingly" with the excitement of a first flight that
surely many pilots here have experienced. Cool, very cool, even with
all the problems this giant has been wrought with over the years.

Ricky