Old November 6th 03, 02:43 PM
Pechs1

doug- Never having flown a two-seat FIGHTER (I'm VA to VFA) I'm speaking out
of
turn here, but stories relayed from my VF to VFA buddies indicate that it's
much easier (given the automation) to perform the fighter mission (and with
greater success) in the Hornet. BRBR

My experience is somewhat 'jaded' as well but coming from all two seat VF to
Adversary, I found that single seat, even in the lowly Dog, paticularly in the
F-16N, was not hard. Situational awareness was not hard, knowing where most of
the 'bad guys' were was not hard,...in many v many scenarios. I think with the
advance of avionics and RHAW, with a very manuverable A/C, single seat will not
degrade the Pilots survival...
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)