Old May 21st 07, 07:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Meyer

Default It Was 80 Years Ago Today - 001index.jpg (0/1)

In article ,
wrote:

A long time ago I gave up on expecting people who do unusual things to be
politically correct.

"DAN" wrote in message
For all his accomplishments in the Spirit of St Louis, Charles Lindbergh
is also
one of the vilest *******s of his time.

If having high moral and ethical standards is the definition of
"politically correct" then I'll take it. Lindbergh was a fine aviator
but a man of marginal integrity. Saying "his failings make him human"
lets him off the hook too easily. Forgetting to zip up one's fly is a
human failing; being a Nazi-sympathizing bigot and cheating on one's
wife is something else altogether.

--
One is always considered mad when one perfects something that others can
not grasp.*- Ed Wood