Old December 11th 05, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default What would you pay?

("Newps" wrote)
That's where I fly in to when I come to town as it's the closest airport
to my folks. What are the going rates if I wanted to buy a hangar?

70k - 130k for something nice. 40x40 would be on the small side in this
group.

A very nice (newer, insulated, nicely finished, upper office, etc) 60x65?
was for sale this spring for around 169k. I look at the for for-sale signs
when I drive around over there. I've yet to see anything offered for under
60k. Apparently small hangars don't go up for sale often or are snapped up
right away by "insiders". Lake Elmo (21D) east side of the Twin Cities, near
the Wisconsin border, might be cheaper.

If you're only flying in once or twice per month, I suspect another 30-45
minutes (one way) in the car would save you a bundle. Where is your folks
house?

I've heard South St Paul (SGS) is reasonably priced - home of Ballistic
Recovery Systems (BRS). This airport is not part of the MAC reliever airport
system - it's only 8 nautical miles (east) of MSP, and about 5 miles (almost
due south) of Downtown St Paul (STP).

According to AirNav:
(STP) Downtown St Paul ... 7.3 nm to MSP
(STP) Downtown St Paul ....4.8 nm to SGS
(MSP) Mpls/St Paul Int ........8.0 nm to SGS

Montblack