Old December 10th 05, 01:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default What would you pay?

Kobra wrote:

Hypothetical situation: You're in a hangar. There are no more hangars for
100 miles. There is a waiting list for a hangar just as long. There are
plenty of tie-downs for a poultry 70.00 per month. Just out of curiosity
... what would be the magic price of hangar rent that would make you say,
"THAT'S IT!! I'M OUTTA HERE!! YOU CAN HAVE THE HANGAR...GIVE ME A FRICKIN'
TIE-DOWN."

Disregarding the idea that the hangar protects the aircraft from the
elements (hail and prolonged sunshine being two), how about this (assuming
you live in an area prone to snow, ice, and/or frost)?

What is your time worth? In my case, I use my aircraft to commute weekly.
The yet-another-preflight task I would prefer to avoid is the time
consuming task of removing snow, ice, or frost from an aircraft that had
been tied down.

I supposed that, if a tie-down were my only choice, I would invest in some
type of cover for the aircraft, but then I have read that these can scratch
windows and paint.

--
Peter