Old April 9th 05, 03:22 AM
Dave Kearton

"Diamond Jim" wrote in message
om
| Hummmm.... Homeport one group in Perth, the other two in Sidney with
| some of the escorts from these two groups in Brisbane. All escort
| Subs a Tender and a Naval Support center (air and surface repair
| facilities) in Melbourne. AO's/AOR's, AKA and AE's etc. in Darwin.
|
| In other words help spread the economic benefits, around for better
| acceptance by the fine citizens of OZ.

You've missed all the high tech support facilities available in
Adelaide.....

The DSTO, RAAF Edinburgh (home of the Maritime Patrol group), the
Australian Submarine Corporation, the air and ground combat ranges at
Woomera as well as the shipyards to be built for the new air warfare
destroyers. The port facilities at Port Adelaide have some capacity
(they're almost always empty) for the smaller boats with up to 13m draft.
I think the carrier would probably choke the channel and would need some
sort of valet parking at the outer harbour.

Housing is cheaper than all of the other cities mentioned, with the possible
exception of Darwin. The Adelaide climate and lifestyle is better
for families however, a little comatose for single randy sailors.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton