Old November 28th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Aircraft Instrument Books?

Try this: http://www.actechbooks.com/aircraft_electricity_.htm

It's mostly electrical systems, but has sections on instruments and
autopilots. Also the AC's 65-15 and 65-9 have basic instrument info,
but most A&P related texts don't have a lot of data because A&P's
cannot repair or alter instruments. Most detailed descriptions are
found in the manufacturer's manuals.

Jim

jcarlyle wrote:
Does anyone know if there are (or have been) any books written about
aircraft instrumentation? I recall reading short blurbs in biographies
of Sperry and Kollsman about the instruments they invented, but I've
never seen a book entirely devoted to aircraft instrumentation (with
details on how they worked).

-John