Old November 28th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default Aircraft Instrument Books?

Thanks for the link, Jim. It's not quite what I was looking for, but
I'll see if I can locate a copy to look through before I plunk down
$70. I'll also check out AC 65-19 and 65-9. I think manufacturer's
manuals would be overkill, judging from a Kollsman manual on altimeters
I ran across a while back.

What my ideal would be is a book on flight instruments similar to
Graham White's "Allied Aircraft Piston Engines of World War II".

-John

wrote:
Try this:
http://www.actechbooks.com/aircraft_electricity_.htm

It's mostly electrical systems, but has sections on instruments and
autopilots. Also the AC's 65-15 and 65-9 have basic instrument info,
but most A&P related texts don't have a lot of data because A&P's
cannot repair or alter instruments. Most detailed descriptions are
found in the manufacturer's manuals.