Old August 7th 03, 11:55 AM
Kevin Horton

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 06:46:00 +0000, Tilt wrote:

We all really like the idea of a canard pusher design. 4 seats are also
desired. Details after that have not been discussed. But one thing that
popped up was the control stick position. I've noticed, while surfing
the net looking at Velocity's and Cozy's, that the stick is a side
mount. I would prefer a center mount stick and I know my fighter friend
would want the center stick.

You might want to wrangle a flight in a canard with a side stick before
you write off the concept. It does work reasonably well, at least on the
Gyroflug Speed Canard that I flew.

4 seat canards are not the sort of aircraft you do aerobatics in, so you
don't need the leverage that a long centre stick gives you.

--
Kevin Horton RV-8 (finishing kit)
Ottawa, Canada