Old October 15th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Pushback for small planes

Sometimes you can back the airplane under its own power,
just like the airliners do. The King Air backs up nicely.
But since you have to trust that nobody parked a car behind
you after your walk-around, I don't do that unless I'm on a
taxiway or run-up pad and need to change heading, such as
when swinging a compass.

"B A R R Y" wrote in
message ...
| On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 01:15:20 +0200, Mxsmanic

| wrote:
|
| B A R R Y writes:
|
| Small aircraft are typically parked nose out, or with
room to get out.
| You start it up and move out.
|
| OK. How do you park it, in that case?
|
| You either rotate on one brake into a spot, or push it
back into the
| space with a towbar.
|
| Are small aircraft easy to pull or push by hand (as
compared to a
| car)?
|
| Yes. They're often like pushing a light car that's out of
gear.