Old May 31st 08, 12:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Just go look it up!

Default ICAO Flight Plans - RNAV/RNP??

On Fri, 30 May 2008 21:07:27 -0700 (PDT), rank amature
wrote:

On May 28, 10:20*pm, Dan wrote:
All,

I am trying to figure out how to complete the ICAO information on
fltplan.com for filing a flightplan for a C182 with a Garmin 530W.
The RNAV/RNP stuff has me confused. *What would the proper answers be
for an aircraft with a 530W? How about a standard Garmin 430?

Not quite sure what you are asking. In the US RNP reqiures SAAAR .
Who do you fly for ?

Other than those approaches labled "Special Aircrew and Aircraft
Authorization Required" what else precludes people with appropriately
TSO'd equipment (which I believe the GNS series are, wasn't there a
stink about this last year when the King stuff turned out to be
substandard?) obtaining RNAV departures and arrivals, a-la TRALR2 at
KLAS? If I'm reading the FAA page right, filing the old domestic plan
won't get you anything other than airways, you have to file the ICAO
plan to get RNAV routes from the computers. Obviously "cleared direct
x" still works in flight, but to get auto-routed with it needs the
new form at filing.