Old February 14th 04, 08:55 AM
Paul J. Adam

In message m, David
E. Powell writes
Third. did the F-102 have a gun or just internal missiles in a weapon bay?

Falcon missiles (six IIRC) in the bay, plus 24 x 2.75" rockets (launch
tubes in the bay doors). From memory there were twelve tubes each with
two rockets nose-to-tail: this was sometimes downloaded to twelve, and
F-102s in Vietnam did some very light ground attack (using their IR
sensor to find targets like campfires and the rockets to engage). My
recollections may be at variance with the facts, so check before using

*There was a massive "Was GENIE a rocket or a missile" debate on another
group, which I won't get into here. I think the verdict was a rocket, which
it was, guided missile or not.

Unguided (and hence unjammable, but demanding to use correctly)

--
When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite.
W S Churchill