Old June 5th 14, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default New Video From Nephi and Update on 2014 Nephi Events

On Wednesday, June 4, 2014 7:17:37 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Just uploaded my latest video from last Saturday's 500km O&R (out and return) Utah state record attempt. Was beyond an amazing day with Nephi and Utah again not disappointing. Yes, I promise to work on keeping my damn hand still on the stick! The controls are so light on the 27 you don't know you are even moving them that much until you see it on video.

http://youtu.be/uLmcBUqgIA4

GREAT video. Now my computer screen has drool all over it. See you in a few weeks.

Bob T.
19

2014 Nephi Event Updates:

June 30 - July 5 Nephi OLC/XC Camp

We are as stuffed with entries as a 230 pound fat dude in a 27 cockpit - trust me. We have 65+ committed pilots with deposits in and we can't wait for all of you to show up! Plan on one more official email next week with final details like gate code, etc. Again, we can't wait for you to get here! Last year we flew more xc miles than once around the earth. This year we are shooting for 2x around the earth during the week!

Aug 4-9 Region 9 North Contest

With around 40 entries currently, we have a few more spots open - you still can come join us and experience Nephi and Utah soaring this summer!!! We just can't fit any more into the July OLC event but you can come to this August contest. This would be a perfect first contest far a newer pilot to try out. We have many classes and our goal for Sports Class is to have shorter, easier fun tasks that make you want to come back the next day and fly again. Nephi is an amazing location with mountains right next to the airport but without the need to ever get close to them the whole week if you don't want to. In fact, to launch we tow away from the mountains to the house thermals on the western hills 2 miles from the airport.

More info on Region 9 North Contest: http://www.ssa.org/Contests?cid=2268

More info on Soaring Nephi: https://sites.google.com/site/nephisoaring/

We are working hard to make Nephi a location for national contests. Now is your time to get some practice in before your class's nationals is held here in the upcoming years. Feel free to contact Bruno Vassel with questions.. Everyone who already is registered for the Region 9 North contest will be getting an email next week with lots of info including discounted hotels, contest info, etc.

Thanks for the massive support and interest and we can't wait to see you all in the upcoming months!

Bruno - B4