Old December 8th 10, 12:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Sailplanes books by Martin Simons

Hi,

I'm probably biased, because I sell them, but they the "Sailplanes" book by
Martin Simons are also among my favorite soaring books. I loved reading the
histories of hundreds of sailplanes - many I had heard of, and many I had
not.

You can see details he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/books...lplanes-V1.htm
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/books...lplanes-V2.htm
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/books...lplanes-V3.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Dave Lawley" wrote in message
Hi all,

PAul, I could not agree more. Martins books are excellent, and for anyone
considering their first glass sailpane purchase, they provide all the
relevant info. (1966-2000 book).

I will be getting the rest when I can afford them, I actually know Martin
Simons too, (why is it the best gliding books come from Adelaide South
Australia, my home town I wonder? (: ) and his work is meticulously
accurate, every drawing was done by him on his Macintosh, some taking days
to complete a real labour of love!

regards all

Dave L

At 04:42 08 December 2010, sisu1a wrote:
With Xmas fast approaching, hers an idea for a present!

I m now the proud owner of the second edition of Advanced Soaring Made
Easy

A fine book indeed...and for anyone that does not yet have the Eqip
'Sailplanes' set (1920-45, 1945-65, 1965-2000), these 3 are absolute
must have books that should be a cornerstone in any worthwhile soaring
book collection and are simply the finest ever produced for sailplane
reference, with over 100 color coded, scale (nearly all in 1:50)
drawings in each book, including x-sections and a short writeup on
each as well, all hardbound with 50# A5 chalk paper & glossy print.
Klaus, if you're are reading, Eqip rocks, also, Martin Simons!

-Paul