Old July 11th 04, 05:38 AM
Fred the Red Shirt

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message link.net...
"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
om...

For Mr Hibbard to have first hand knowedge of the incident he would have
had to witness it himself. He doesn't ocme out and say one way or the
other but it seems that his account is based on what he heard from others,
including Kerry, making it second hand, not firsthand.

Hibbard spoke with other crewmwmbers, who indicated there was no enemy fire.
Their information is first hand.

And his is second hand though he said it was first.

Did you see this in USA TOday, or did you get it from somewhere else?

I saw it in USA Today. Except for an accompanying photo of Kerry and it's
caption, it's a direct scan.

Ok.

I have seen only a handful of ads for Kerry and do not recall them
even mentioning his service in Vietnam.

I have seen more than a handful and many have touted his Vietnam service.

You can check out his website he
http://www.johnkerry.com/index.html

I see no mention of his military service at all on the frontpage and
only two sentences devoted to it in his biography.

Do you know if it was more prominent before the questions about his first
Purple Heart were raised?

Dunno, I never looked at the webpage before.

Ofhand, I'd have to say that your statement "Vietnam has been the
key issue in their campaign to defeat Bush." is completely unfounded.
AFACT, Iraq has been the key issue in their campagn to defeat Bush.

But you indicated you've not seen many of his ads. I have.

I saw two or three in Ohio. Maybe a sentence like "Three times
decorated Vietnam Veteran' was in the ad, I don't recall. But it
wasn't the cornerstone of the ad, and I ahve a hard time beleiving
that it would be.

This is probably regional variation. Here in Maryland and in
neighboring DC almost any Democrat is a slam dunk for the
Presidency nad in Virgina any Republican. Consequently there
is virtually no political advertising going on around here.

--

FF