Old September 12th 18, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Too many accidents

On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 8:47:49 AM UTC-7, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 8:33:57 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Good point Dan,
The best procedure to insure both pilots know who is actually flying the aircraft is for pilot 1 to say, "you have the aircraft", then pilot 2 says, "I have the aircraft" and then shakes the stick! Never a good idea to add any other info with the transfer of control, like "we need to program the computer, you fly". This message can be easily misunderstood and both pilots start programming the computer and nobody is flying the aircraft!
Food for thought,
JJ

I know in the case of my CFI friend David who died a few weeks ago in a citabria spin two CFI's onboard. Dave was insistent on positive transfer of control. And when doing a task, it was sterile cockpit, only relevant information for task at hand.

"I know in the case of my CFI friend David who died a few weeks ago in a citabria spin two CFI's onboard."

There hasn't been an accident involving a Citabria since 2006.

Tom