Old August 22nd 03, 02:20 PM
Hilton Software

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Cecil,

Ok, I have looked at it. The price is indeed very steep, compared to,
for example, Aerocalc (http://www.2flyeasy.com/, 20 $), EFISce
(http://www.btinternet.com/~navtech/ - flight planning AND GPS moving
map for about the same price as WingX, 69 $), NavigaCE
(http://members.aol.com/NavigaCE/, 20 $) or PocketFlightplan
(http://www.pocketflightplan.com/, 20 $).

Thomas,

Thank you for your feedback. WingX features and its usability advantages
resulted from a significant amount of feedback during our Beta testing.
There are extremely useful features such as a list of expirations (for
example, just enter the data of your medical and WingX will calculate the
expiration dates of your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class). WingX is also primarily
driven by popup menus, so you can calculate a graphical W&B in about 10
seconds. On the route page, a popup will display a list of 'recent'
airports. Popups also simplify the E6B calculations.

WingX supports real-time downloading of databases (via the internet) which
means that you will always have the latest FAA data and a complete database
of aircraft models with which to calculate W&B. For example, attach a
wireless card to your PDA (if required) and download the databases without
using your PC!

Also, no mention of user waypoints, no mention of a European database
or a database containing more than just airports and VORs (e.g. NDBs or
intersections). No mention of wind being figured into the flight
planning function, either.

We plan to include airports, VORs, NDB, and intersections within the next
few days. Since the database may be downloaded wirelessly (or by cradling
your PDA), this update will literally be just 2 clicks away. Wind
calculations in the route page will also be added very shortly. These
updates will be free.

As far as a European database is concerned, we are currently looking for a
good reliable source of information so that we can provide our users with an
uninterrupted source of information. If you can point me to a reliable
source, we should be able to add it expeditiously.

BUT: Maybe my view on this is wrong, so I'd be very interested in other
peoples opinions and experiences. I want to buy something for my iPaq
soon, so please let me know what you guys use!

The features being added to WingX are driven 100% by users, so we appreciate
your feedback.

As a result of your email and other market feedback and customer comments,
Hilton Software is now making WingX available for $39.99. We thank you for
your support.

Hilton
Hilton Software LLC
http://www.hiltonsoftware.com