Old May 25th 05, 12:41 PM
Matt Whiting

Andrew Sarangan wrote:

I get FF whenever I fly VFR, but there are times when that may be a
hassle. If you are engaged in conversation with your pax, it is easy to
miss an ATC transmission. I've heard ATC chide pilots "if you want
flight following, you better listen to the radio".

That is the reason I didn't use it on my return trip this Saturday. My
eight year-old was along and wanted to talk about stuff and I had to
keep him somewhat quiet on the way out using FF. So I just monitored
Center on the return trip, but never called them up. That is probably
the only downside though to FF and I use it often when I'm not flying IFR.

Matt