Old October 1st 10, 02:01 PM
knickick knickick is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I am looking for an a/c, my first, to complete my training and to use
for recreational flying. I am looking at 172s and a book I recently
acquired (The Cessna 172 by Bill Clarke) suggests that this rebuilt engines is
to be avoided.

I saw an ad in Trade-A-Plane by Factory Engines and the prices for
factory remanufactured engines are as follows:

O-320-E2D - $16,652 (this engine is the predecessor to the H2AD)

O-320-H2AD - $19,301 (the engine in question)

O-320-D2J - $16,923 (the sucessor to the H2AD)

To me this is indicative of continuing problems.

What has been the expierience of owners of Cessna 172Ns with this
engine?

Paul
I have a good experience about the Cessna 172Ns. And it is working good.

Last edited by knickick : October 4th 10 at 08:50 PM.