Old September 15th 12, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_32_]

Default Shortening PowerFLARM Brick Antenna and GPS cables

On Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:34:16 PM UTC-4, kirk.stant wrote:
As anyone who has one can testify, the cables on the dipole and GPS antennas that come with a PowerFLARM Brick are absurdly long - you could almost mount the GPS puck on your tail!

Has anyone any experience in shortening these cables and reattaching the connectors, or is there anyone out there who can do this for a reasonable fee?

Kirk

66

LOL "absurdly long" is a great way to describe all the antenna wires. I just wound them all up in a tight coil and ty-wrapped them out of the way. I wonder if that is reducing my FLARM range? ...something is. Any ham radio guys of real EE's have an opinion on this?

-Jim