Old December 8th 03, 03:33 AM
Peter Ashwood-Smith C-GZRO

This post got me curious so I took a look at the fuse diagram of the S
v.s. the T.

The cabanes have a different diagonal direction and have a solid bar
across the top.

The T has an extra (angled) bay in front of the front gear attach
hinge. On the S, the gear attaches pretty much right where the motor
mount attaches to the front of the frame. This makes the bungee
arrangment on the T totally different. Probably 'easier' to change on
a T than an S.

The T has a number of extra diagonal cross braces in the fuse. Most
notably behind/under the rear seat there are three extra braces on the
floor. Looks like they beefed it up laterally, perhaps for snaps. Also
beefier at the front with that extra diagonal bay.

Probably far more info than anybody wants or cares about but hey,
its crappy weather and looking at the diagrams beats watching T.V.

Cheers,
Peter

As already covered the 'S' has a fixed pitch prop and the 'T' has
constant speed.

The S was also the beginning of the longer fuse.

The S started with frise ailerons and later had the symetricals which
all T's had. The T also came standard with 200hp (and electrical system)
and the top wing is further forward to handle the extra weight of the
prop and engine. There are a bunch of other little changes. Including, I
believe, an angled front on the turtle deck.

Martin Morgan

Guenther Eichhorn wrote:
Hi,

I have a list of Pitts types on-line on my aerobatics website at:

http://acro.harvard.edu/ACRO

in the section [Other Aerobatics Info].

Aerotek was the name of the company that produced the Pitts for a while. the company
changed names a few times, the current one is Aviat.

Guenther
Dr. Guenther Eichhorn |
ADS Project Scientist | Phone: 617-495-7260
http://ads.harvard.edu | Fax: 617-496-7700
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory
1815 Mass. Ave., MS-31, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA

In article ,
"Wendy" writes:

Hi-

I've a few questions concerning S1 types. The -C I know has an AEIO-320,
with ailerons on the lower wing. The -S, I believe, has an AEIO-360 along
with four ailerons. Must it also have a constant speed prop to be a true
S1S? And how does the -S differ from the -T? Lastly, can anyone enlighten
me on the differences, if any, between Aerotek and Aviat?

TIA-
Wendy