Old January 3rd 07, 11:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Narco Mk 12D display?

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 14:12:34 +1100, "Ron"
wrote:

I had the display replaced a couple of years ago after a couple of segments
"burnt out". Had to be shipped to Australia with special packaging, due to
the minute radioactive material in the display. Cost about $800 AU.

I now hold my finger of the LCD so the display does not flash brightly when
the unit is turned on.

regards
Ron

Can you clarify what you mean re. finger. we have just replaced a
display in one of our sets!

In the past the Tx audio failed on 2xCOM and needed a zener diode
replacing. The IDME has had an intermittent DME reading from new on
low frequencies (used by ILS).

Such a shame they are unreliable as they are easy to use and offer
some nice frills.

David