Old April 12th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
kevmor[_2_]

Default What's the scoop on Headsets Inc?

A relative of mine has a DC headset that was converted several years ago
with their kit (not the new box that has auto-shutoff). It makes a very
big difference. When looking for a second ANR headset, I was either
going to do that or go with one of the costly Bose/etc. I ended up
going for Bose for the comfort and because it has a higher pitch speaker
(more treble?) that makes it easier to hear. If you're comfortable with
yours though I would definitely go with their conversion as I think the
noise canceling is very comparable to my Bose (except when the Bose's
battery dies, the DC would be much better with passive noise reduction).

Jim Carter wrote:
I have a nice set of DC 10-13-S that I'd like to convert to ANR.
Headsets Inc advertises in AOPA Pilot magazine and has a reasonable web
site for products and services. They also have some customer
testimonials of varying degrees of flattery on their site.

I'd sure be interested in hearing other experiences good or bad, or
maybe even other recommendations for upgrading my current headset. (I'm
not going to buy a Bose or a Lightspeed, so let's not even go there...)

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas