Old December 18th 03, 08:50 PM
phil hunt

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:14:26 +0000, Mike Williams wrote:
Wasn't it phil hunt who wrote:

What would be sensible strategies/weapons for a middle-ranking
country to employ if it thought it is likely to be involved in a war
against the USA or other Western countries, say in the next 10
years?

I think that any middle-ranking country that went up against USA/The
West using military weapons would get seriously stomped on.

I doubt if any country would attack the USA, though many would want
to deter a US attack.

The only way
to have a chance would be to win the propaganda war, turning popular
opinion in the USA against contesting the war.

Indeed propaganda is important, but a bit outside what I've been
discussing.

Provoke your opponents into making the first media-visible aggressive
step, and make yourself appear to be implementing passive resistance, or
using a minimal defensive response. Meanwhile, if you can find any
targets that are not media-visible (i.e. the US government can't
publicly admit that the targets exist) then attack them aggressively.

That's clever, I hadn't thought of that.

(Email: , but first subtract 275 and reverse
the last two letters).