Old November 17th 04, 05:11 PM
Eric Greenwell

Willie wrote:

Fun is the key word here.

I own a self launch sailplane, in my case an Alisport Silent-IN
and am completely happy with it's performance. Mine cost less
than half as much as a Ventus Cm or a DG 808 and still I have
a great time in it.

I can stay up all day on a dollar fifty (tow). I know their performance is
higher, but I am not in competition with them. I fly sailplanes for fun.
My ship is comfortable, easy to rig with light wings, climbs well
and turns on a dime. I get the handling of a 1-26 with a 31:1 glide ratio.

And Alisport also has the similar Silent 2, sleeker and with 39:1, but
with the same qualtities that Willie likes.

They also have pictures of the "2nd generation" twin-jet self-launcher,
with improved performances. See

http://www.alisport.com/eu/eng/news.htm

and scroll down about 1/4 the way.

Eric Greenwell