Old December 25th 05, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation,rec.aviation.student

Default Needed: comparison of popular Aviation GPS units, Garmin, Lowrance,AvMap, etc.

Anthony wrote:

C. Osbourne wrote:

Maybe another way to describe what I'm looking for, is a Consumer
Report's type of grid that shows features of each of the GPS's and
ranks them as "good, better, and best"

Anyone know of comparative review of several GPS's in one place?
Thanks for answering here.

I think Aviation Consumer has done that??? have you seen that publication?
Tony

For VFR:

Garmin 296 (or 396 if you want the XM weather add-on)

For IFR:

Garmin 480 (not as intuitive as the Garmin 530, but the 480 will do LPV
now, not later).

These are the clear winners.