Old May 19th 04, 05:20 AM
Guy Alcala

Robey Price wrote:

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, fudog50
confessed the following:

On Tue, 18 May 2004 05:41:45 GMT, in rec.aviation.military you wrote:

While you may be protected by laws, what you are doing and
posting is certainly subject to scrutiny by any country at war,
especially your own.....

Say what? Awww fer cryin' out loud...

Ok, it's cool you know how to intercept military unencrypted
ATC comms, but does anyone other than an adversary really care???

Ummm since when are ATC communications with FAA centers sensitive?
Afraid that some bad guy will find out F-16s use the Avon Park
bombing range?

Lots of people do this stuff out of curiosity and "wannabe"
pshyches. But they don't post it to the world and make it easier for
potential adversaries to map our techniques. Let them spend the time
and money to do it.

Map our techniques? I'd be willing to bet you never actually practiced
these "techniques" you're worried about. Guess you'll want magazines
like Air Forces Monthly, Air Combat, AW&ST classified...hell Air
Combat publishes a yearly AOB issue. Hell better get the AF to stop
publishing Airman magazine too. Better arrest Guy Alcala for "the good
of the nation," he knows waay too much. [Guy blame me if you get a
vacation to Gitmo...]

snip

Oh, I've always wanted to roll over and rat someone out to the feds! With
my luck I'll get classified as an enemy combatant -- being a Northern
California native probably qualifies me in the eyes of this administration
;-) And to think I believed that reading and analysing data from open
sources was a completely legal activity in this country. OTOH, the USAF
supposedly made the attempt to classify Maxwell's equations some years
back (stealth, don't you know), which would have been an interesting
exercise in ex-post facto censorship. I can see them now, trying to round
up 100 or so years worth of college physics textbooks;-)

Guy