Old June 20th 04, 06:59 PM
Jim Weir

There are those of us who have done them for free...like for the widow of the
poor ******* that died of cancer within three weeks of finding it, so the kids
would have food for the next couple of months...

And there are those of us who wouldn't do one for ten thousand dollars for a
whining son of a bitch that wouldn't be happy if we subcontracted him out with a
hooker while we worked on his plane...

Most of us are somewhere in between. Some more, some less. Some of us refuse
to WORK on airplanes if something is wrong; we got out of the fixit game when we
got the inspector's ticket. Some of us will only do the work if the owner is
willing to get greasy. Some of us will swap annuals for goodies instead of
money. Some of us do it for the sheer joy and unalloyed bliss of it.

Some of us do it because we are captured with the joy and beauty of flight
itself.

Jim

"Richard Kaplan"

-If my mechanic offers to do an annual inspection on my airplane for $49,
-should I take it at face value or assume it is pencil-whipped?
-

http://www.rst-engr.com