Old February 25th 18, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Hero emulation

On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 7:23:32 PM UTC-5, Roy B. wrote:
Maybe, what we should do is accept the reality that some inexperienced pilots are still going to try a high speed low pass regardless of warnings

Some newish pilots have never heard the warnings, yet almost all new pilots have seen low passes on Youtube (or live). The bold young pilot that I stumbled across said he was motivated to try his first low pass after seeing the 'competition finishes' on the recent Chilean Grand Prix video. He got some strong feedback from his club members AFTER completing his first low pass.