Old March 13th 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default FAA Mandates Plastic Pilot Certificates By March 31, 2010 Or You're Grounded

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:38:30 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

(Ron Lee) wrote in news:47d7ff63.6885109
:

Regardless of the "right" wording, are you equivocating? Sounds like
you can't fly in the USA unless you get a plastic license.

Not quite, it sounds like you can no longer fly if your certificate
is issued by the FAA.

Ok, I see your point. You are right. So this American, who has a FAA
issued pilot certificate, could no longer legally fly in the USA at
some point if I did not get the new plastic certificate. I did not
look at the wording in a legal sense.

Actually, he could, if he is using a foreign certificate. I have about five
of them in various states of repair and can use any one of them to fly in
the US.

Bertie

lemme see.....
australian, mexican, columbian, venezualian, bolivian, brazilian.

even close ???

Stealth :-) Pilot