Old November 29th 17, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Glider cockpit size

I recall carrying a back scratcher in the cockpit of my LS-6a for when
an ankle got itchy.

On 11/28/2017 5:05 PM, wrote:
Even for smaller pilots, current cockpits are usually too snug.

I'm normal build and 5'10" so I have no trouble fitting in my Ventus 2cM, and its comfortable, but I can't move much and little stowage space. I always have more 'stuff' than places to stow it where I can reach it. There is space behind the backrest, but I can't reach things there. Things stuffed down the cockpit sides tend to become invisible and unreachable in flight especially since arm movement is very restricted. The side pockets are narrow and already filled. I typically fly with 'stuff' lying on my chest (headset, map, sunglasses, cellphone, peebag, checklists, snacks).

Another comment: I once developed cramp in flight. It was extremely painful since I could not move in a way to relieve it.

--
Dan, 5J